You will be doing lots of moving, hugging, dancing and raising glasses on your wedding day. The one thing you don’t want to have to worry about shifting is your strapless dress! See our 5 hacks on how to keep your strapless dress from falling!
- Wear the right undergarments! Proper foundation is an absolute must! Whether it be a strapless bra, corset or spanx – it all begins with what’s underneath! Search for designs with silicone grips. It will hug your body and ensure a no slip grip. You can also opt to have cups sewn into your dress to provide extra padding.
- Get fitted by a professional – We can’t stress the importance of this one enough! There is an investment to be made in hiring someone who can give you professional advice. They also pick up on cues you may not notice. They have an eye to catch if you are constantly picking or pulling at a detail because it is uncomfortable or nagging.
- Don’t be afraid to speak up during fittings – It’s important during your fitting to sit, stand, raise your arms, even boogie! How does it feel? Natural, uncomfortable, easy? No one knows better than you how your dress feels on you. Don’t be afraid to speak up if something doesn’t feel right!
- Select a strapless dress with boning – Boning gives you the top structure you need to ensure there are no slips!
- Be prepared for slip-ups – You need to take all of the proper steps ahead of time, but it’s also important to have a Plan B! Double sided tape, safety pins and alternative bra options; such as pasties and petals!
Photography: Wynona Benson Photography