We love summer weddings, but let’s be honest – they are HOT! Your summer beauty regimen should be different during the season, especially if you are prepping for your wedding. The summer heat can wreak havoc on bridal hair and makeup. See some insight below on beauty tips for our summer brides!
- If your skin is naturally oily, prep months ahead of time with an oil-free moisturizer
- The day of your wedding, use primer and an anti-shine product. This will help reduce that “shiny” look you see in photos when you are overheated
- For your eye makeup – apply a mattifying product first, then concealer, then finish off with a powder before you apply your eye shadow
- Liquid eyeliners hold put way longer than pencils!
- Even if you don’t consider yourself a “cryer,” waterproof mascara is a must
- For blush – apply a cheek stain, then dust a powder blush on top of it
- Once you are all set and beautified, don’t forget the setting spray!
- Pack an emergency kit for photos – bring an umbrella for shade when you are walking around outside, pack lipstick, blotting papers, concealer and makeup sponges (a few bobby pins never hurt either!)